(A0a) ATRVC Mentor Program
Dear ATRVC Club Members
The Mentor Program for new members is now available to read or print off.
Login in with your member number
Place mouse cursor on your member number (on the Pink Line)
Select Club Documents and Publications
Click on (the little manila folder) next to Mentor Program for New Members
Click on Blue Dot (next to Mentor Program) and a document will appear on the right-hand side of screen
Click on document (pdf) to read or print off
(A1) ATRVC Committee Meeting Friday 29 May 2020
The Committee met on Friday, via a ZOOM meeting, and we discussed the easing of Covid 19 restrictions around the country, in relation to club activities. The results of the survey that 90 of you answered were also taken into consideration. Thank you to the 90 who took the time to respond. Your contribution is very much appreciated.
- Regional Get Togethers will resume as soon as practical with organisers to ensure that current State restrictions are adhered to on site. Prior to giving approval, the Delegate Liaison Officer, Ric Bennetts, will conduct a thorough check of the venue and state requirements to ensure that we are able to comply. This will mean that there will be some changes to how the events are conducted, in particular the hygiene and social distancing requirements. You will need to be symptom free to participate, and numbers may need to be restricted, depending on your state regulations. Your Delegate will advise when a Get Together has been approved.
- The National Rally at Myrtleford in October 2020 has been postponed until next year, 2021. This decision was taken to eliminate the uncertainty for both members and the National Rally sub-committee. With Queensland and WA in particular saying that it will be some months before the borders will open, it was decided that it would be inequitable for some members who may not be able to get there due to regulations, for the Committee to invest in the National Rally. At this stage there is still no certainty that all states will be open. Also it would be near impossible to book tours and other events due to the uncertainty of numbers. As many of you have said, the Myrtleford area is amazing, and we would want to do it justice, so we have resolved to defer the Myrtleford National Rally to 2021. There will be no National Rally this year.
- The 2020 AGM will proceed on 15th October 2020 as planned and will be conducted via a ZOOM meeting. The wonders of technology!! The Committee has requested that a regional get together be arranged to include the AGM meeting date. This will facilitate as many members as possible to attend the AGM via ZOOM.We will be keeping all members up to date via a monthly newsletter, and expect the first newsletter will be out to members early next week. The newsletter will be sent by email to all those with an email address, and by snail mail to the 11 members with whom we do not have email contact. The Traveller will not be printed again until we have more reading material to fill it. For those who have paid for their hard copy of the Traveller, your payment will be carried forward. Let us know what you think of the newsletter format.
- Annual subscriptions are due by 30th June. Due to the pandemic, the Committee has resolved to reduce the annual renewal fee to $25. All members are asked to pay this by the due date, even those members who have paid in advance. We ask this for accounting simplification, and if you are paid in advance, your membership will be extended for a further year. You will receive a receipt which will indicate your paid until year. This will be the only receipt you will receive until your next payment is made.
- I'm so excited that Queensland has removed internal travel restrictions as of tomorrow lunchtime! I'd better get my gardening finished quickly so my visitors don't need to bring a shovel or a rake! I can't run away from home just yet as I am still waiting for my van to be finished and returned.
- Have a great day everyone and don't forget to post your latest adventures now most of us are allowed out within our State.
(A2) VALE Wally Mahoney
It is with a sad heart that I learnt this morning of the passing of our member Wally Mahoney. Wally died in hospital in the early hours of today following a massive brain bleed. Many of you would know Wally and Lyn as they were avid travellers and active participants in our club, and Wally was always volunteering to do whatever he could to help at rallies. Wally had not been fully well for some time and was struggling a bit at the last Victorian rally. He has had a few falls, the last earlier this week while in hospital for a check-up.
Malcolm and Wendy Carter were speaking with Wally and Lyn last night and at that time he seemed fine, however Lyn needed to get the ambulance to him through the night. Lyn spoke to Malcolm and Wendy this morning and is coping at the moment.
Lyn, we extend our sincere condolences to you and your family and I know you will miss him greatly. I'm sure your ATRVC friends will offer whatever support they can in these difficult times. Sadly, they won't be able to be with you in person but I'm sure all our thoughts are with you.
(A4)VALE Barb Millard
It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that Barb Millard, wife of Lucky Millard, and one of our SA members, has lost her short term battle with cancer. She was in Tumby Bay hospital and her family were with her.
The Committee extends our heartfelt condolences to Lucky and their family. Lucky tells me that there will be a celebration of Barb's life when the Covid19 restrictions are lifted, whenever that may be. Barb's funeral will be next Wed, will be outdoors, and is restricted by the regulations to immediate family only. With the Covid19 situation and limitations on public gatherings, it will be difficult to give Lucky any physical support, so it will be important to pass on your personal messages by phone or email.
Thinking of you Lucky at this very difficult time.
Sandra and the Committee.
(A5) 18th National Caravan Clubs Rally 2022 Newsletter #2 February 2020
Please read the attached newsletter
(A6) Advice from the ATRVC Committee re Covid 19 virus pandemic
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS ***
The Club Committee has recommended that we cancel all get togethers until 30th April in light of the Covid19 virus pandemic. The Committee is concerned that the majority of our members are in the high risk age group and that the weight of medical advice at the moment is for this group to stay at home as much as possible to reduce their risk of contracting the virus.
Where the organiser of a get together elects to continue, then members need to assess for themselves and understand the risks they are taking. It is also important to note that any member who did contract the Covid19 virus at a get together would not be covered under the ATRVC insurance policies. All current health guidelines are to be followed.
The Committee will continue to monitor the pandemic situation in relation to the National Rally at Myrtleford scheduled in October and a decision will be made about it’s viability at the end of May.
We will endeavour to keep all members fully informed of advice as it comes to hand.
Stay safe and keep well!
(A8) CMCA Road Safety Survey
Please read the attached letter and Click on the Road Safety Survey link if you wish to participate.
(B) Past Events and Rallies Reports
Have a look at the reports on our events and rallies that have been successfully completed.
Click on: Events / Rallies TAB
Select: Past Events / Rallies
New Membership Officer
The Committee has been advised that George Roberts no longer wishes to act as Membership Officer. The Committee would like to thank George Roberts for his service in the role over the past few years, and for his contribution to improving the membership procedures. George retired from the Committee at the recent AGM, after a 4 year stint.
The Committee is pleased to announce the appointment of Kylie Woodhead as Membership Officer. Kylie has previous experience in the role and enjoys the opportunity to have contact with members. The Membership Officer is an appointed position and the Committee fills the role each year.
Please note the new contact details for Kylie below, and if you have any stock of the club brochures, please change the details until we get replacements printed.
New details are:
Mobile: 0438 986 873
PO Box 634
Mt Barker. WA. 6324
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Thinking of joining our club then talk to our Membership Officer
Have you perused our website???
Why not Open the shutters and and have a look?
Do you look at the INFORMATION Menu??
The RV INFO menu has IMPORTANT topics on current laws, recalls, compliance plates etc.
Have you read the Poems in Poets Corner??? Read Pam Randle's latest!
Have you baked a cake from Handy Recipes????
Items do change on a regular basis, this information may be of benefit to you